Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Technologist
    Add 24c on Facebook
    Hi again Hugues I'll give it a try.
    I'm using the Thunderbolt port on the Early 2011 MacBook Pro 17". I can't connect an external screen, as I only have one Thunderbolt port.
    The main display aka screen 1 is the MacBook screen.
    I will see if there any other monitor options, but the Device Manager is reporting the same names aka Generic non_pnp monitor
    Thanks again
    Mike

Technologist
    Add 24c on Facebook
    einscan_app_window.jpgJust to explain a little more this is all I see in my desktop when I open the Einscan app...
    einscan_app_window.jpg

This is what i see also, there are 2 hidden buttons down left under the camera picture, if you pass your mouse on them, you can click.

Also, please feed-back on all the points i gave previously. boot in OS and check if the projector is working

Technologist
    Add 24c on Facebook
    This is what i see also, there are 2 hidden buttons down left under the camera picture, if you pass your mouse on them, you can click.

That's good to know I have the same, will check the OS X boot now...

Technologist
    Add 24c on Facebook
    Well Hugues, I booted in OS X, and it just sees a VGA Display in System Preferences

displays_osx.jpg

Did you use any OS X software to check the projector out?

Quote Originally Posted by 24c View Post
    Well Hugues, I booted in OS X, and it just sees a VGA Display in System Preferences

displays_osx.jpg

Did you use any OS X software to check the projector out?
    i cannot remember the details, but i'm almost sure i had it to work under OS, it's been a month or two now. silly question but just in case, you have switched on the projector of course.

Technologist
    Add 24c on Facebook
    Hugues, thanks for all your help.

First off you don't need to set the display screen to 800x600, you can revert to a native resolution (1920x1080 for me) on the desktop BUT you must apply 800x600 to the projector or "VGA Display"
    I'm scanning at the moment....( OK I've moved the scanner fiddling with the connector) .. so it's not good.

first_miscalibrated_scan.jpg

It was a bad connection on the cable at the scanner end. I just wiggled the connector and tried to tighten the screws some more at the VGA plug, and the projector went bright white.
    Then I closed the program, and hey presto it didn't lock out.

So for anyone else ...the important thing is to set the "second display" aka the VGA display to 800x600 otherwise it won't display the right white light patterns/stripes etc

When I am working on stuff, I find it always the simple things that catch us out, but if it wasn't for your posts, I wouldn't have understood how this thing works!

Many thanks... and it's a Sunday
    Mike

Great you found it, and i will try to bring my desktop back to higher resolution, 800x600 kind of suck.

Don't forget to use some talc on shinny or black objects, it helps a lot. I use Cyclododecane Spray 400 ml

Technologist
    Add 24c on Facebook
    Yep, 800x600 for the Desktop sucks totally :
    Glad I could pay you back a little. What fooled me was the scanner projector wasn't very bright, and I'd once seen some patterns before (maybe a YouTube video)
    I think the guys could make a better worksheet to explain what you should see. I'll make a tab on my website anyway, as I'll blog my efforts.
    I did buy a Matter & Form, and I had to spray the objects with that too, but I sent it back as it was useless, however it did do colour.
    This is starting to show promise
    I plan on using 3DCoat too to reduce mesh sizes, so I can chuck it into my CAD, as it has a limit on the sizes it can convert.
    I see what you mean about their meshing too. :eek
    It'd be nice to access the raw point cloud data. More reading later, but at least I have a working 3D scanner connected to my MacBook now.

you can access the raw point cloud data, well, the aligned point cloud data, when you save, you can save by default as stl, but you can also change to ascii file, i think it's called, this is the point cloud data.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast