Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by WatsonGravy View Post
    Interesting.. I'm currently having similar "over extruding" issues with my 12" i3v. I have been losing my mind trying to get this thing dialed in the last few days, back and forth with e-steps, z calibration, extrusion multiplier... on and on.

You now have me convinced my bed is warping as well... i will be watching this to see the outcome.

5 hour prints failing because of the extruder hitting filament build up is testing my 3d printing patience!
    So far, I have only seen this on the 8" i3. My 8" i3v doesn't show this problem. I have my 12" i3v kit on my bench and I'll be building it this week. I'll update this thread as I learn more. If anyone else can throw a dial indicator on a 12", I'd be interested in the results.

Technologist
    Sounds like you might be somewhere in mid-build-another-printer, but if not, have you tried a long pre-heat on the bed, and then run ABL, and then print?

As an aside, I don't have ABL. Bed leveling had seemed very stable, so I guess I grew complacent. And then I installed a swamp cooler in the house. I'm guess'n it wasn't coincidence that things sorta got wonky not too long after that.

FWIW, I have a 12" HB mounted w/ springs all 4 corners, and the bed has warped significantly, though I haven't taken a dial indicator to it. I swore I had one somewhere, but alas.... Anyways, continuing the complacency theme, I guess I assumed that most of the dimensional stability came from the glass, and that the error the bed could introduce would be negligible. Before I either use or calibrate anything, I always pre-heat the bed..., and so operationally, the state the machine is in when in use remains fairly unchanging. Until..., I dump buckets of water into the air..., I think.

Quote Originally Posted by lakester View Post
    Sounds like you might be somewhere in mid-build-another-printer, but if not, have you tried a long pre-heat on the bed, and then run ABL, and then print?

As an aside, I don't have ABL. Bed leveling had seemed very stable, so I guess I grew complacent. And then I installed a swamp cooler in the house. I'm guess'n it wasn't coincidence that things sorta got wonky not too long after that.

FWIW, I have a 12" HB mounted w/ springs all 4 corners, and the bed has warped significantly, though I haven't taken a dial indicator to it. I swore I had one somewhere, but alas.... Anyways, continuing the complacency theme, I guess I assumed that most of the dimensional stability came from the glass, and that the error the bed could introduce would be negligible. Before I either use or calibrate anything, I always pre-heat the bed..., and so operationally, the state the machine is in when in use remains fairly unchanging. Until..., I dump buckets of water into the air..., I think.
    In my case, the preheat would have to be about 90 minutes. That would work, but it's a long time when I need to produce parts.

I'm in mid build on another printer and my current plan is to cannibalize the misbehaving i3 for parts, but who knows? It may live again one day.

Humidity can be a real problem for filament. Many types absorb water, which makes steam bubbles when printing. The swamp cooler probably isn't helping that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123