Close

Add CBPrints on Thingiverse

Buying my first REPRAP!

Hey everyone,

I'd like to introduce myself,

I am CB and I am brand new to this forum.

I'm delving into the world of 3D printing after alot of research and reading (~6months).

I'm aiming towards the Folgers Tech Reprap Prusa I3 Aluminum frame.

I'm pretty certain on the things I should order along with it, LCD screen/SD card reader, non-conductive tools, filament etc.

IS there anything else that would be worthwhile ordering with it?

Thanks in advance!

CB

Hey,

I can't offer any suggestions, but i just wanted to share that i purchased the same Folgers Aluminum 2020 Prusa, just today! I should have mine by July 3. From what i've read, it definitely looks like the best bang for our buck and, personally, i love building kits.
    May I ask why the investment in the non-conductive tools? For the circuitry? You got me worried that i might fry something if i use a standard screw driver :P

Well, hopefully we can help each other out sorting issues in the upcoming weeks with this new printer.

Banned
    If you are going to adjust the voltage on your stepper drivers for instance, you will want to use a plastic screwdriver.

I guess i could print one out

DBFIU is correct, and I'm aiming to get one as an additive measure, there's alot of static in my house and I just want to be safe!

I agree with what you said hobbes on building kits, that's why I'm looking forward to this one, I love building things =] and drafting / 3D design is my niche haha.

If you don't mind me asking, did you purchase your kit from the Folgers site or through a third party website?

from ebay. I was attracted by the free shipping which doesn't seem to be free if you purchase from the website.

I'm on solidworks right now preparing a couple models to test print and find out the limits of this printer.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbes View Post
    from ebay. I was attracted by the free shipping which doesn't seem to be free if you purchase from the website.

I'm on solidworks right now preparing a couple models to test print and find out the limits of this printer.
    I have access to AutoCAD, Inventor, solid Edge and Blender, althought I would love to become alot more familiar with Blender with an open source reprap.

I know this is an old forum, but I too just bought the same printer, How do you like yours and is there any tips or advice you can offer ?