Close

Never Run out of Potato Chips or Fries With This 3D Printed Tool

Carl Fang, whose 3D printed functional scissors impressed us recently, has a new design available for download from 3D model repository 3DShare. His "Potato Chips Strip Cutting Machine" provides an easy way to uniformly cut potatoes for homemade French fries and potato chips. Designed on Rhino3D, the cutter operates with a simple press of its handle, and can be made more efficient using a metal grate rather than the 3D printed piece in the original design. Check out more about his process in the full story: http://3dprint.com/76206/3d-printed-french-fry-maker/

Let us know if you intend to print this cool little gadget. Below is a picture of the fully assembled tool:

Engineer-in-Training
    Add Wolfie on Thingiverse
    Well. Its not new...

Think that one is from the 1940's

My grandmother (mom's side) having one and I used it as a kid. Mom got it after she died. I remember using it throughout my childhood (only cut my finger once that I can remember). Now that both mom and dad have passed, I still use it from time to time when we are at our house in Florida. The granddaughters like using it too. Still going strong. Not sure the 3D printed one would survive that long. Maybe.