Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Become a Solidworks 2016 Beta Tester

Dassault Systèmes is hoping pro subscription users of their SOLIDWORKS products will sign on to be testers in the SOLIDWORKS 2016 Beta Program to help them improve their software by identifying issues that affect day-to-day operations. Testers will have a chance to interact with SOLIDWORKS R&D and product management teams and gain access to competitive, global contests which offer a chance to win a variety of prizes. You can read the whole story here: http://3dprint.com/76102/solidworks-beta-tester

Let us know if you are participating win the testing for this latest edition of Solidworks.

Your link don't work. I use Solidworks everyday at my job. It crashes so much I feel like I'm beta testing it every day. Version 2015 is already on SP3

Quote Originally Posted by joop1987 View Post
    Your link don't work. I use Solidworks everyday at my job. It crashes so much I feel like I'm beta testing it every day. Version 2015 is already on SP3
    I'm amazed at how often I hear this. And yet its halo grows ever larger...

What choice do we have. Can't go back to archaic AutoCAD. It's fine with simple things but when you have an assembly with 1000+ components, crashes and lockup's are normal.

AutoCAD is a 2D drafting package. Don't understand how that could replace a 3D parametric solid modelling package...

However there other 3D parametric solid modellers:
    - Geomagic Design
    - Catia
    - Creo
    - SolidEdge
    - Inventor
    - NX
    - UG/Siemens
    - Spaceclaim

Those are the big names. The then are still Solidface, VariCAD, Moi3D, Rhino, Bricscad, Topsolid, etc, etc. (<-- some of these may not be parametric)

Technologist
    Even though my company has a site license, apparently I'm not eligible for the beta cause we don't have a subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by robosmith View Post
    Even though my company has a site license, apparently I'm not eligible for the beta cause we don't have a subscription.
    Don't worry, you not missing out. I end up on the Geomagic beta tester list every year, did it once. Basically you get a buggy new version that expires at the end of the beta and is neither backwards nor forwards compatible. So unless you have a second PC that you can use for testing and have the time to play around and design things you will never use again its really no loss.

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Finke View Post
    Don't worry, you not missing out. I end up on the Geomagic beta tester list every year, did it once. Basically you get a buggy new version that expires at the end of the beta and is neither backwards nor forwards compatible. So unless you have a second PC that you can use for testing and have the time to play around and design things you will never use again its really no loss.
    You're right, that sucks. I only wanted to do it to get a licensed version for personal use.

If you have a licensee at work, you can legally install it on your 2nd computer with the same serial number. On the Solidworks website you can see what computers your serial number is installed.

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by joop1987 View Post
    If you have a licensee at work, you can legally install it on your 2nd computer with the same serial number. On the Solidworks website you can see what computers your serial number is installed.
    We have a license server. I was told I'd need a VPN to contact the license server from home. Probably not worth installing the VPN.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast