Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by iplayfast View Post
    That was a great update. I'm so impressed with your printer.
    Hmm, I've got a model that other 3d printers can't handle. It's a case for a raspberry pi's camera with 2 servos. I've not been able to print it on any printer yet, so I'm curious if the peach can handle it.
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:207403
    At the vary least I would rotate that 90 degrees, that way you end up with fewer, smaller overhangs. I know they've had some problems with small holes (the roughness in the vase in the last update was supposed to be holes) so you might end up having to drill those out. Other then those observations, I don't think it looks MUCH worse then the staircase in the rook.

(note: I don't yet have my peachy though, so this advice is worth about what you paid for it! )

Will the printer ship with 3d models of the different plastic parts that the printer is made of? just incase one would need a spare part to replace a broken or if one wanted to modify it in someway

Peachy Printer Founder
    Altho the many of the design files are not publicly available yet ( as were not trying to give clones any head starts )
    We do plan to make them available to our customers under an non commercial share alike attribution type licence,
    altho we dont have a planed release date yet.
    We are in support of you being able to modify your printer and share your modifications.
    Or 3d printer your own broken parts.

Also were looking forward to doing a reprap type project where we attempt to print nearly all of a peachy printer with a peachy printer.

Banned
    Can people please do this survey for our class and share the survey as well. We are trying to get at least 100 response. One link is for people who have a 3D printer and the other is for people who don't have a 3D printer.
    Have Printer https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/LN3GZ8D
    Don't have printer https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/LYB69B6
    make sure to click on the correct link.

Staff Engineer
    That half-Rook has me hyped up for this project all over again.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Great to finally see a finished (well you know, working and shippable) Peachy !
    Congratulations Rylan, and you've kept to the price as well. Brilliant !

Now the kit doesn't look like it will weigh much, so postage should be reasonable (says $25, works for me). But if I order one (and I'm seriosuly tempted) can I buy resin in the uk. And if so, what would you recommend ?

I also note it still says printer & SCANNER on the website.
    I'm probably still more interested in the scanner side, is that up and working yet ?

So all in $125. Are we talking canadian or american dollars ?
    American dollars equates to: £83
    Canadian dollars equates to: £66

Either way it's one hell of an achievement :-)
    Well done !
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 06-01-2015 at 10:49 AM.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iplayfast View Post
    That was a great update. I'm so impressed with your printer.
    Hmm, I've got a model that other 3d printers can't handle. It's a case for a raspberry pi's camera with 2 servos. I've not been able to print it on any printer yet, so I'm curious if the peach can handle it.
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:207403
    Whoever designed that model had an sls powder machine in mind. It's not designed for sla or fff without a bucket load of supports.
    Probably easier and quicker to design your own that will print without supports.

I have a quick question seeing as I might get me one of these kits. I haven't seen much in regards to the average Z-Resolution in comparison to other sla 3-D printers like the Form1+ or a Titan1. So, based on what can be considered to be the average setup, what is the average Z-resolution?

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    So all in $125. Are we talking canadian or american dollars ?
    American dollars equates to: £83
    Canadian dollars equates to: £66

Canadian, I'm in the UK and I purchased a peachy and 1li of resin. I think (I'll check later) it came in at a total of £118.
    Something you will notice if you're checking out resin prices is that it's cheaper to by from peachy than imaker. Their UK shop sells G+ for £35 per 500ml, their US shop sells it for $33 per 500ml, you cannot order from the US site (I have this in an email). I think when ordering from peachy it works out around £50 per litre rather than £70 (I think imaker charger shipping on top of this too, shame on them?).

Technician
    bre358, the z resolution depends more upon the SIZE of the build container vs drop size, but should be able to get below 0.001mm without too much difficulty

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast