Close

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse

IntroducingThe 3D Additivist Cookbook

The team in charge of creating the 3D Additivist Cookbook is inviting all 3D printing radicals and enthusiasts to enter their submissions for this publication which will be published in 2016. Submissions for the cookbook are meant to be thought provoking and can be in any form as long as they are useful in terms of the 3D printing subject and regarding the many ways it is in impacting the world. Read more about 'Additivism' over at 3DPrint.com: http://3dprint.com/68500/3d-additivist-cookbook/

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Propositions that are “antagonistic to the timescales, infrastructures, and social givens layered into every 3D print”
    Don't see the purpose this project serves.
    It's anti 3d printing - or at least that's the way it reads.
    I suppose if I was still at college, this might have appealed to me. But once you grow up and inhabit the real world this kind of thing just seems pointless.

The Manifesto is not explicitly anti-3D Printing. We are calling for the technology to be considered politically, and channelling that through critical art practice and theory. To push a technology to new places the best minds are critical creative minds. For all the chatter in the 3D printing industry about innovation, attitudes do tend towards the conservative.

A good way into our project would be to read the interview we did a few months ago. It breaks down our intentions, and the critical approach we took writing and producing The Manifesto video.

Thanks for posting the Cookbook call here! We are excited to receive ideas, criticism, and submissions from the 3D Print community.