Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by huntleybill View Post
    Ahh ok Roxy...that makes sence. Then let me ask another question. The 1.0.2 "tag" ...What does the "tag" mean? Is a "tag" just a portion of the full firmware that has been updated? Maybe I am missing a bunch of firmware which would explain why nothing seems to be working.

I'm going to work on it now...I will let you know.
    Thanks All
    A 'Tag' is just a special notice on something. Almost like you would put a 'Tag' on something at a garage sale. It tells you something extra like the price or that the item is broken and needs repair.

Go to: https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin

Click on the 'Branch/Release' button

Click on the 'Tag' header.

Click on v. 1.0.02

The reason for this Tag is this release actually works. There are some small bugs, but it is tagged so people can find it and use it.

Technologist
    No Luck!!! I uploaded the original firmware from Makerfarm back into the machine. Everything seemed to work fine. I then opened up the 1.0.2 tag and also opened the original firmware. I compared the two making changes to the 1.0.2 tag to match the original makerfarm firmware. (of course leaving in the ABL section). I got the same issues/problems. I then re-downloaded a fresh copy of 1.0.2 tag and just uploaded it with out changing anything. Got the same thing. Ponterface commands do nothing. I get an error:

"Printer stopped due to errors. Fix the error and use M999 to restart. (Temperature is reset. Set it after restarting)"

Nothing on the display etc. I don't know what you guys did to make your makerfarm i3v8 work with ABL, but it doesn't seem to want to work here. Of course, it could be me but that would mean I would have to admit fault and take responsibility!! YIKES!

Is there already firmware configured for this with ABL?
    Last edited by huntleybill; 05-26-2015 at 06:07 PM.

Ponterface commands do nothing. I get an error:

"Printer stopped due to errors. Fix the error and use M999 to restart. (Temperature is reset. Set it after restarting)"
    It kind of sounds like it is reading the temperature with the wrong values. Like it is assuming the wrong thermistor or trying to get the reading off of the wrong pin.

Nothing on the display etc. I don't know what you guys did to make your makerfarm i3v8 work with ABL, but it doesn't seem to want to work here. Of course, it could be me but that would mean I would have to admit fault and take responsibility!! YIKES!

Is there already firmware configured for this with ABL?
    I believe the BeckDac branch will just load and go. And if not it will be very close to doing that.

You can get that here: https://github.com/beckdac/Marlin

Technologist
    IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!! Roxy...Thank you!! I uploaded the BeckDac branch as you suggestion and it now has a correct display and all the axes move as they should! I am thrilled but still have to edit the configuration_h for my machine.

Thank you again for your advice.

IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!! Roxy...Thank you!! I uploaded the BeckDac branch as you suggestion and it now has a correct display and all the axes move as they should! I am thrilled but still have to edit the configuration_h for my machine.

Thank you again for your advice.
    Somebody should tell them to put a link to BeckDac's fork on MakerFarm's support page.

yeah definitely... and roxy you know as well as i do that the current development branch of marlin's ABL is broken right now...

)this is the current development version as it sits with a slight modification to make it actually use the offset as it is set...

The 1.0.2 tag works... i could give you mine but I have things set in other places that wouldnt work like auto temp, dual extruders etc... plus mine is the 12" version... as to why you are having trouble with it I honestly couldnt tell you...

Technologist
    Sniffle.....Are you saying that the BeckDac branch IS the broken one?

I'm confused..... I had Clough42 dual extruder setup on my printer and went back to single extruder (lomg story...don'y ask). His dual extruder Marlin configuration worked just fine using ABL. I had no issues at all. Also, zennmasterM has videos on setting up ABL on my exact printer. How come his works? Colin @ Makerfarm says there is no supported firmware that works for ABL but I just listed two examples that seem to work and I just watched your video sniffle and yours seems to work.

Maybe there is a government conspiracy to hourd all the ABL firmware! so we can fight off zombies! OK...that's just silly!

Technologist
    .....BTW, we shouldn't get too excited yet because when I said "it works", I meant that the display works again, and the stepper motors work for all axes, and the printer accepts commands from Ponterface. I have not yet tested or ran anything else including ABL,.

.....BTW, we shouldn't get too excited yet because when I said "it works", I meant that the display works again, and the stepper motors work for all axes, and the printer accepts commands from Ponterface. I have not yet tested or ran anything else including ABL,.
    The BeckDac branch you have loaded was done for the purpose of bringing MakerFarm printers current. It has most of the good stuff that has been developed in the last year or so. It also has some corrections that only apply to MakerFarm printers like 'corrected' thermistor numbers and such.

It should be very close to what you want right now. And if something doesn't work correctly on it, it won't be difficult to get that tweaked.

Sniffle was saying the releases over at GitHub are sick right now (with the exception of Tag: 1.0.2). He was not saying the BeckDac fork of the tree was sick.

Technologist
    OK Roxy and sniffle. I'm on the home stretch. Got the firmware loaded and mostly configured. The ABL switch has a twitch and moves out of the way too early. I took a video of it. This will make more sense. http://youtu.be/0xArq2F4sUA.

Shouldn't the Z axis move up first before it retracts? Notice how it keeps moving around. Is this controlled by firmware or the slicer software. I use slic3r. Can you enlighten me on how I should configer slic3r for this new ABL?

Thank you again for all your help

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast