Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    buy it from the printrbot people.
    Few more bucks but better support and warranty.

lol see there's me trying to be helpful and friendly for our american brethern and there's you just being english :-)

I wouldn't say you need to put a lot of time and effort into keeping a printer running. Yeah youi need to learn how to use it when you get it. But so far mine don't need much looking after, just a bit of occasional lubrication and cleaning and the odd bed calibration. But other than that, they're hassle free.

Senior Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    buy it from the printrbot people.
    Few more bucks but better support and warranty.

lol see there's me trying to be helpful and friendly for our american brethern and there's you just being english :-)

I wouldn't say you need to put a lot of time and effort into keeping a printer running. Yeah youi need to learn how to use it when you get it. But so far mine don't need much looking after, just a bit of occasional lubrication and cleaning and the odd bed calibration. But other than that, they're hassle free.
    OK. let's try something. Put 10 STLs on a USB stick and knock at your neighbours door with the printer, hand them both over and see how many it prints before it f***s up.

I would guess maybe 2 if he is lucky, probably none.

Can someone just give me a direct link to any 3d printer worth buying. Besides printrbot I only have 500

Try this: http://www.printm3d.com/#_l_7h
    Pre-order Micro 3D printer, suggest that order with some PLA Filaments(not ABS). Within $500 with shipping fee.

Good Luck

well the micro is very small build volume - so not what he wanted and also not a dual extruder - so also not what he wanted.

If you're going to plug your printer - at least make an effort to plug it in a suitable thread :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    OK. let's try something. Put 10 STLs on a USB stick and knock at your neighbours door with the printer, hand them both over and see how many it prints before it f***s up.

I would guess maybe 2 if he is lucky, probably none.
    weird I'd get all 10.
    Any issues would be adhesion or filament getting caught. But not actual issues with the printer.

Hell i only recalibrate the flashforge on average every other week.
    And the knp is just as good. Only issue with that is very flat profile nozzles which can catch any bits of filament sticking up. But I've more or less fixed that by really slowing down my first layer speed.

But the machines themselves have never given me any electronic or mechanical issues.

Quote Originally Posted by canadabear07 View Post
    Can someone just give me a direct link to any 3d printer worth buying. Besides printrbot I only have 500
    you know what - I give up.
    get a micro.

Senior Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    you know what - I give up.
    get a micro.
    A wise decision.

I went with that `open box' simple metal on eBay.

should be okay - but if bits are missing, I bet he doesn't refund your money.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast