Close

Simple Hollow Tubes

Im a simple soap maker who loves gadgets. Wife will not allow me to purchase my own 3DP but maybe i can use yours.
    I have this idea to make some soap with some basic shapes in it. Soap is in liquid form and is poured in the end of the tube. Once dried i push it out with a similar shaped hard object and push it out the other end.
    Think cookie cutter simple here. 1, 3 armed cactus and 1, coyote howling. I need a 15-17" hollow tube 1 1/2" tall with 1 end cap(if possible) each and 1 plunger shape for each, like a push block to shove inside to force the soap out small enough to slide inside. Please give me an idea of what it would cost.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    what country do you live in ?

and when you say 1.5 inches tall - do you mean 1.5 inches internal diameter ?
    And have you looked at the plumbing supplies section in your local hardware store ? plastic Tubes and end caps are a staple of the plumbing industry.
    All you need to push the soap out is a length of wooden dowel the right diameter or slightly smaller with vinyl tape wrapping used to form the correct size end.

That would be a much easier, cheaper and quicker way of doing this :-)

Tape, tubing and a hacksaw and the jobs done :-)

I live in the USA. Southern California.

I don't want more round soap. I want shaped soap I can then use in my block soap.
    I do use 3" pvc for round soap.
    Yes I need it to push out a 1.5" soap. Need to be smooth
    T0007-New-Silicone-DIY-Small-Star-Tube.jpg
    Last edited by prinler; 05-21-2015 at 09:14 AM.

Ah - so you don't want tubes - you want very tall extruded shapes !
    It really wasn't clear :-)

Yes please! I need to be able to pour my soap batter in and once it dries push it out. Can any one here help me make these?

Email me at cm3dsales@gmail.com. We are also in Southern California and can help you out.

Aaron

good - pretty straightforward prints. But you need someone local to cut down on costs :-)