Close

BTCRing - What's Your 3D Printed Ring Really Worth?

The developers of the BTC Ring say the real value of a wedding or gift ring lies in “knowing exactly how much this ring is worth.” They call it decoupling design, and the company says the fact that a ring can be reprinted to keep up with the latest styles and “upgraded” in value because “the bling is in the code” means the old model for wedding and gift rings is shattered by their innovation. The ring's design uses what's called “Blockchain Inscriptions" to allow users to look up the value of the BTC ring using an Android app. You can read the entire story here: http://3dprint.com/66617/btcring-bitcoin-wallet-ring/

Below is a look at a girl checking out her new BTC Ring:

Staff Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Krassenstein View Post
    The developers of the BTC Ring say the real value of a wedding or gift ring lies in “knowing exactly how much this ring is worth.”
    Wow, just wow. I shouldn't be surprised that there are enough utterly soulless people in the world that they can form an echo chamber big enough that the infrastructure for a business could spring up within it, but somehow, I am.
    I really hope I'm not the only one a little sickened by BTC's sentiment there.

This is really sad and shows a certain "nouveau riche" tackiness that's quite disgusting.

Add bford903 on Facebook
    Why not just put your credit card in the ring box before you propose? Or engrave the dollar amount you paid on the inside of the ring? Almost seems like they're trying to make a point about engagement rings and wedding bands in general.

I'm having a great time coming up with taglines:

Every kiss begins with "Pay!"

Jared. The Citibank of Jewelry.

Bitcoins by the Yard.