Close

Zim, The True Consumer-oriented 3D printer

Here is another Kickstarter 3D Printer which is seeking $300,000. They are pretty close with still 19 days left. I just contributed a little to help out. Here are the details on this nifty little printer:

This looks very intriguing. BTW, the URL to the kickstarter is: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-printer-fully

Seems their funding has slowed up considerably. Hopefully they can get the $70k or so they need. Seems like a decent printer for the price, and they are so close it would be ashame if they didn't reach their goal. Goodluck guys!

A major difference between this printer project and many (most?) others on Kickstarter is the team behind it. These guys are seasoned pros at every aspect of design, production, and marketing. I have no doubt they can get the thing made and that it will perform as advertised. It's a beautiful and beautifully-engineered machine with a very complete feature set, and for $800 it was a no-brainer for me to sign on even though I already own a pair of Ups.

Student
    I've supported this Kickstarter project for a lot of reasons, and am surprised they haven't received double their goal by now. Maybe there have been a lot of these 3D printer offerings -- but consider that even though the build envelope is smaller than the venerable Makerbots and CubeX's, this design is loaded with features at a third or quarter of the price for dual head machines on the market. I'm not affiliated with them in any way - I teach additive manufacturing at a technical college and expect to show this to my students next semester.
    Last edited by erickphd; 10-07-2013 at 11:15 AM.