Close

Red face Textbook about 3D printing

Would you please recommend some excellent textbooks about 3D printing? It Would be better if it can be bought through the Internet.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    I really like this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Practical-3D...ds=3d+printing
    Covers pretty much everything from the hardware to design and various free software packages.

But there are dozens of books around now. I have the one above and it's very good. That's all I can go on :-)
    It's aimed at the home user though - not industrial.

i will try that book myself, Thank You

Staff Engineer
    What are you looking for, exactly? An overview on the state of the 3D printing art, or a practical step-by-step guide to operating a particular sort of printer?

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com

Thanks!I want an overview about 3D printing which includes hardware, software, printing material and so on.

Staff Engineer
    The best overview I've found so far is "3D Printing, Second Edition" by Christopher Barnatt: ISBN-10: 1-5028-7979-4 . (See http://www.directtextbook.com/isbn/9781502879790 )

It's a fairly up-to-date rundown of the various different sorts of 3D printers on the market, how they work, and how they differ from one another, with some historical and business background. It was well-written (although it could use more proof-reading to eliminate typos) and reasonably comprehensive, with examples of how the process is being used and a minimum of airy speculation, which pads out most of the books I've seen on this subject.

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com