Close

More political influence needed to push 3D Printing? - Obama has helped

I'm not a very political person. I consider myself an independent. However, I remember back several months ago, I remember seeing Barack Obama talk briefly about how the government has to support the new changes in manufacturing, and he specifically mentioned 3d printer (see video below about about 0:40)

I just think that if the US wishes to continue being one of the world leaders they should really help fund 3D Printing, and also help in research to make it better.

Engineer
    I totally agree that 3D printing could really save the US economy in the long run. It can bring valuable jobs back onshore, and explode innovation. Having said this, I'm not sure the administration needs to do much at all. The last 12-18 months has shown us just how fast the concept of 3D printing is growing. The major 3D printing companies are all mostly based in the U.S., and the trend is likely to continue I think China and Asia will be hurt, while the West will just grow stronger in the long run.

Everyone talks like the US is in terrible shape, but from a tech standpoint we are leaps and bounds ahead of anyone else. Google alone has more innovation than the rest of the world combined it seems. I'm an optimist but I do not see how anyone can be too negative about the state of the future of this country. there are so many major breakthroughs happening here every day.

The best way he could help is stay out of it. Look at almost everything the government gets involved in Fails or regulated so much the cost goes thru the roof.