Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New to printing and having a couple problems (FF Creator Pro)

Hey guys,

So I just got my FlashForge Creator Pro and I'm having 2 issues.
    The first problem is the right extruder does not heat up. It gives me an error message:

Tool 0 Failure! Not heating properly, check wiring.

The thermocouple works fine, I can monitor the temp and see a change when the left extruder heats up.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction?

The second issue I'm having is with software.
    Ive downloaded the latest version of Makerware and saved the part as a .x3g file, then transferred the file to the SD via my digital camera. When I try to print from SD the extruder heat turns off, bed stays on, and gives me the message:

I am a CreatorX. This build is for another bot. (Not sure why it says CreatorX, it's the Creator Pro)

Ive tried downloading the old version of makerware that Geoff posted for us and the issue is still there.
    I can print the test parts that were loaded on the card but that's it.

Version information:
    Sailfish F CreatorX
    Free SRAM 1000
    Sailfish v7.7 r01234

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
    Adam

UPDATE: The right extruder heating element had a bad crimp on the motherboard end of the wire, so it wasn't attached.

So now its just a matter of getting the printer to recognize the .x3g files I'm giving it.

Technologist
    You flashed Sailfish before you got it working? Did you mistakenly install the Creator X version of Sailfish? IDK if there are separate versions, but it appears Sailfish thinks it's an X.

Maybe there's an option in Sailfish to set the printer type.

So the printer I got was an amazon return sold on ebay 'for parts,' this was just how I got it. I haven't installed anything to the printer but judging by your reaction, I have a problem..

A little searching and some people are saying the older sailfish 7.7 says CreatorX but was used on both X and Pro. The new 7.7 says CreatorX/Pro. I'm thinking this not the reason my printer isn't liking the .x3g files.
    Is it possibly because I am transferring the files through a digital camera? Has anyone done this? My computer does not have a SD reader on it.

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by laneinator View Post
    So the printer I got was an amazon return sold on ebay 'for parts,' this was just how I got it. I haven't installed anything to the printer but judging by your reaction, I have a problem..
    Sailfish is not the stock firmware.

Technologist
    A little searching and some people are saying the older sailfish 7.7 says CreatorX but was used on both X and Pro. The new 7.7 says CreatorX/Pro. I'm thinking this not the reason my printer isn't liking the .x3g files.
    Is it possibly because I am transferring the files through a digital camera? Has anyone done this? My computer does not have a SD reader on it.
    Depends on the camera. You'd be better off getting a USB/SD adapter to remove that uncertainty.

Which printer type did you specify in Makerware? IIRC, I specified Replicator Dual for my Creator X.

I'll be getting a card reader tonight to see if that fixes it.

For the makerware I specified the replicator 2 dual I think. I just made sure it exported the .x3g file.

Technologist
    Well, Replicator 2 is not dual, so you should check that, too.

I'll be getting a card reader tonight to see if that fixes it.

For the makerware I specified the replicator 2 dual I think. I just made sure it exported the .x3g file.

I'm new also, just got my FFCP 3 weeks ago. Have you tried to upload file to the sd card via USB directly to FFCP? I use simplify3d and I can control FFCP via USB or sd card.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast