Close

3D Printing Stories We've Missed - April 18

There are lots of 3D printed items in this week's stories we didn't cover, including keycaps from Adafruit, an ecological lampshade, customized shoe insoles and a Saudi-designed airplane seat. Shanghai-based design group won the prestigious Milan Design Week SalonSatellite Award for their incredible digital design work, and if any or all of these stories inspire you, XYZprinting released its new plug-and-play desktop 3D printer, the da Vinci Jr. for a mere $349. Finally, Google finishes up this week's news. It has reduced its price for Project Tango by half for invited developers. Check out more details on these stories in the full article: http://3dprint.com/58782/stories-we-missed-april-18/

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    well you've covered them now - so not actually missed :-)

$349 for an actual working printer - that's not vapourware - that definitely merited a bit of fanfare :-)

Cheapest I can find it for in te uk is £314 delivered.
    Which probably makes it the cheapest fully built 3d printer available in the uk.

Hell a year a go I'd have bought one :-)
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 04-19-2015 at 01:30 PM.

That airline seat looks ultra cool.

Hi, guys. Would you mind crediting me, Danielle Matich, for my photo of the da Vinci Jr. 3D printer? Thanks.