Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Engineer-in-Training

Cooling fan with Rumba

So I have a dumb question, I have printed clough42's fan design and hooked up the fan to the Rumba board but I cannot get Simplfy3D to control it.

Do I have to update firmware or am I just stupid?

You need to go to the cooling tab...and create a profile for the fan and at what layer to turn on and speed.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo28 View Post
    You need to go to the cooling tab...and create a profile for the fan and at what layer to turn on and speed.
    Thank you! I will try that tonight, is it possible to control the fan on machine control panel? There is a slider there that I cannot get to work.

Which fan design are you referring to? The improved extruder cooling setup or the print layer cooling fan?

Quote Originally Posted by BLKKROW View Post
    So I have a dumb question, I have printed clough42's fan design and hooked up the fan to the Rumba board but I cannot get Simplfy3D to control it.

Do I have to update firmware or am I just stupid?

if the slider doesnt work, then chances are something is amiss.. try turning around the pins on FAN 0 on the rumba board.. that was my problem.
    I just put on this exact same fan last night.

Engineer-in-Training
    I was talking about the layer fan, I will trying again tonight and try to switch my pins around.

Engineer-in-Training
    So I have tried everything on FAN0 including moving the jumper for the 12V-Select. Any other ideas?

Did you try enabling the fan in the firmware? If its turned off in Marlin the software wont be able to control it.

I have just gone through the same thing myself, unfortunately I managed to "kill" the MOSFET on Fan 0 where I was trying to install a cooling fan that came on when the head temperature exceeded 50C, but that's another story!

If I am not mistaken doesn't the slider control FAN1 not FAN0?
    When you activate the slider does an orange LED come on near either the FAN0 or FAN1 header?
    Have you tried control through the LCD Control / Temperature / Fan Speed (or something similar)

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Draud View Post
    Did you try enabling the fan in the firmware? If its turned off in Marlin the software wont be able to control it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ex-egll View Post
    I have just gone through the same thing myself, unfortunately I managed to "kill" the MOSFET on Fan 0 where I was trying to install a cooling fan that came on when the head temperature exceeded 50C, but that's another story!

If I am not mistaken doesn't the slider control FAN1 not FAN0?
    When you activate the slider does an orange LED come on near either the FAN0 or FAN1 header?
    Have you tried control through the LCD Control / Temperature / Fan Speed (or something similar)
    Any links on how to check the firmware to see if the fan is enabled? I am using the default one provided in the manual.

When I use the slider it turns the LED on Fan 0. I did notice two pins right about the terminal blocks:

http://reprap.org/mediawiki/images/1/17/Rumba4.jpg

You can see it in that diagram and it says power. Do these pins need to be connected to provided power to the fan?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast