Close

Looking for very small nozzle (<0.1mm) - would it work?

Where would I be able to find a very small nozzle that is smaller than or equal to 0.1mm?

Also does anyone know what the minimum size is for filament to fit through?

Engineer
    smallest i have seen is a .25. they can get a little tricky to print with. you wont find a .1 that i know of. the problem is that the plastic is thick and the force necessary to squeeze it through such a small hole become more than what a drive gear can put on the filament without stripping out.

So far i know its 0.2
    And not many make those,

The smallest you generaly can easyer find is 0.25.

Technologist
    Here is a link to a post on small nozzles on another forum: http://www.printrbottalk.com/forum/v...+nozzle#p39371

Pretty cool stuff!

Engineer
    i bookmarked that. long thread but looks interesting. thanks for the link

I could have sworn I saw someone using a 0.15mm nozzle. I think if you go any smaller than that, you will run into problems with the filament not making it through.

Hi,

dont know if this thread is dead... maybe this post will bring it back to life.

I invented a new type of cold end, it does not use a hobbed bolt but a belt. I hope it will inspire a whole new type of extruders, called v-struders

One of my first customers, a goldsmid, has let me know that he was able to print without any problems with a 0.1mm nozzle using moldlay wax filament. Im now searching for a place to buy a 0.1mm nozzle or even smaller so I can confirm this myself. Anyone knows a good webshop, preferably with fast shipping?

To this moment I was only able to test the v-struder with a 0.4mm E3D nozzle. In an extrusion only test, using petg 1.75mm at 235 degrees celcius I was able to extrude up to 2 meters per minute of raw filament without any slip in a bowden configuration with a bowden tube of 1 meter long.

You can buy it here: https://reprapworld.com/?products_de...8#.Vpo9WlKGNoc

Happy printing,

Vaeder

Try and buy one un-drilled and have it custom-drilled yourself ?

I have a 0.2mm nozzle and Ive found some ABS will not extrude through it

I bought a 3D printer online and it's extruder is changeable into different nozzle printheads like 0.2, 0.3, 0.4, 0.5, 0.6, 0.8, and 1.0mm. And I think they are also selling a 0.1mm nozzle extruder. Check out their Novio 3D printer online shop.