Close

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    C42, per your instructions.. The hot ends should be 20 mm apart..mine are 26 apart..i cant see how 20mm is a achievable without having the slanted inwards towards each other..this measuring from tip to tip

Technician
    From the OP:

Key features:

• Designed for Hexagon or E3Dv6 hot ends on 27mm centers
    The older design of IBDE is 20mm. Can't get to c42's website from work to see if the assembly instructions have a copy/paste error from the other design.

.the site says 20mm under installation instructions..
    Quote Originally Posted by jasay View Post
    From the OP:

The older design of IBDE is 20mm. Can't get to c42's website from work to see if the assembly instructions have a copy/paste error from the other design.

It's 25mm on center for the Flex E3D i would assume it's the same for the hexagon's

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo28 View Post
    No, I had it all setup, but when it came time to install the extruder block to the carriage, the probe arm was in the way of the extrduer/carrige mounting hole. I could not get the screw into the hole without removing the servo and arm. Snowball effect...once the extruder was mounted i could not mount the probe arm cuz the hot end was in the way..
    What I ended up doing was assembling everything except the left (servo) side and back (wood) side of the carriage. That gave access to the screws to mount the extruder to the printed carriage. Then I put on the left side with the servo. I'm still waiting for motors, but believe the entire assembly can then be mounted on the vertical wood piece of the carriage.

It does seem like this could make for some awkward extruder maintenance, but maybe C42 has a better way.

No, I had it all setup, but when it came time to install the extruder block to the carriage, the probe arm was in the way of the extrduer/carrige mounting hole. I could not get the screw into the hole without removing the servo and arm. Snowball effect...once the extruder was mounted i could not mount the probe arm cuz the hot end was in the way..
    I usually take out the two 16mm screws and take the left shelf support off if I need to get at the extruder mounting screw.

Hey! The instructions should probably say to do that, huh?

C42, per your instructions.. The hot ends should be 20 mm apart..mine are 26 apart..i cant see how 20mm is a achievable without having the slanted inwards towards each other..this measuring from tip to tip
    Quote Originally Posted by jasay View Post
    From the OP:

.the site says 20mm under installation instructions..
    Quote Originally Posted by sniffle View Post
    It's 25mm on center for the Flex E3D i would assume it's the same for the hexagon's
    Ugh. Yes. It should say 27mm. I have updated the pages I could find. If you find that error anywhere else, please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by clough42 View Post
    I usually take out the two 16mm screws and take the left shelf support off if I need to get at the extruder mounting screw.

Hey! The instructions should probably say to do that, huh?
    Okay, the instructions are updated. On mine, I can also get a ball-end allen wrench into the screw head, but it's a little awkward, since the head won't back out, so you have to lift the extruder block while unscrewing.

On mine, I routed the heater and thermistor wires to the rear and brought them out through the cutouts in the corners of the shelf brackets. That gets the wires clear of the servo probe.

Okay, I think I've answered all of the questions so far. If I missed yours, let me know..

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by clough42 View Post
    Okay, the instructions are updated.
    Thanks for doing not only the design work but going a step beyond most others and having such great instructions and being willing to maintain them. That's pretty awesome.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast