Close

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Technologist
    Wow!! That looks great. And very clean print aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo28 View Post
    Finally got all the firmware and slicer settings squared away...here is the first dual color print with ABL. Next, need to fine tune slicer for ooze and retraction.

PLA Temp 200
    Bed Temp 70
    Layer Height .1500
    Speed 60 mm/s
    10% infill
    4 hrs to print

I think she's hot...

Attachment 5742

One more print to share..Calibration is finally done..both extruders line up perfectly via Offsets in marlin. I have some Semi Flex (Ninjaflex) on way. Cant wait to try that out with a PLA simultaneously.

octo.jpg

One more print to share..Calibration is finally done..both extruders line up perfectly via Offsets in marlin. I have some Semi Flex (Ninjaflex) on way. Cant wait to try that out with a PLA simultaneously.

octo.jpg
    Awesome! Let us know how that goes. I've had good experiences with ABS and NinjaFlex. I'll be curious to see how the SemiFlex works.

I've gotten a number of inquiries about NEMA 14 stepper motors for our double extruders. We now have them available: http://clough42.com/go/product/nema-14-stepper-motor

I'm currently waiting on a refurbished Lulzbot Taz and was looking to set it up with this extruder . Curious to know where I can find STL for x carriage mounting plate. Its looking like this mounts directly to the one for Makerfarm Prusa i3V but am not able to locate that STL.

Has anyone else mounted this to a non Makerfarm Prusa i3v ?
    Any suggestions to mounting this extruder ?

Thanks

Bryan

UPDATE :: Found what I was needing right here

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:305012

Will update with pics and once built!
    Last edited by bryan.let; 05-02-2015 at 03:50 PM.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by clough42 View Post
    Awesome! Let us know how that goes. I've had good experiences with ABS and NinjaFlex. I'll be curious to see how the SemiFlex works.
    Voodoo do you mind sharing some tips for dealing with retraction/oozing in Simplify3d? I just installed the flex extruder on my i3v 12" but am having trouble getting the second nozzle to stop oozing while also keeping it primed for when the tool change occurs. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Sure thing...here are 2 screenshots of my setup for retraction..remember all machines are not created equal..but at least it will be a good starting point for you.

1.jpg 2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by kablahz View Post
    Voodoo do you mind sharing some tips for dealing with retraction/oozing in Simplify3d? I just installed the flex extruder on my i3v 12" but am having trouble getting the second nozzle to stop oozing while also keeping it primed for when the tool change occurs. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Student
    Sure thing...here are 2 screenshots of my setup for retraction..remember all machines are not created equal..but at least it will be a good starting point for you.

1.jpg 2.jpg
    Thanks for sharing. I am still surprised at how well your prints are coming out, kudos on that. Are you using custom tool change gcode or lowering the idle nozzle temperature to prevent oozing? I have only been troubleshooting the dual extruders for a week so I am sure I will eventually get it dialed in, just have to figure out how s3d manages tool change gcode with multiple processes, not sure which tool change gcode is called when changing process and subsequently extruders.

Nope, no special code...Never even crossed my mind to change temps while tool change..If you can set the retractions correctly..most of the oozing will be gone. Try printing at a slightly lower temp...my printing PLA at 220 sometimes 200.

Just noticed you are in Miami, where by?

Quote Originally Posted by kablahz View Post
    Thanks for sharing. I am still surprised at how well your prints are coming out, kudos on that. Are you using custom tool change gcode or lowering the idle nozzle temperature to prevent oozing? I have only been troubleshooting the dual extruders for a week so I am sure I will eventually get it dialed in, just have to figure out how s3d manages tool change gcode with multiple processes, not sure which tool change gcode is called when changing process and subsequently extruders.

Student
    Nope, no special code...Never even crossed my mind to change temps while tool change..If you can set the retractions correctly..most of the oozing will be gone. Try printing at a slightly lower temp...my printing PLA at 220 sometimes 200.

Just noticed you are in Miami, where by?
    Hmm okay I will keep messing with my retraction settings. Yeah lowering the temp seemed like a good idea when I read that there are IF statements you can use in S3D in the tool change script section but It would probably be easier to just fix the oozing with retraction instead of adding a bunch on m109 and m104 commands.

I am down South in the Gables/Brickell area. PM if anything.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast