Close

Makerbot Replicator 1 (dual) lost its mind after attempted firmware upgrade

Hi!

I was trying to upgrade my replicator-1 to a later makerbot firmware version. Tried all the various suggested ways, with desktop or replicator-g, and so on. It always failed. Now, however, the display has two rows of filled-in characters (as opposed to the various push-the-button menu items), and the device cannot be connected to by either desktop or replicator-g.

The windows machine it is hooked to sees the usb connection of the device when connected (and notices it gone when disconnected, or powered off when connected.) Replicator-g sees the comm3-connected-ness of the printer. However, neither can connect to the device to issue commands (including factory-reset, obviously). Power cycles, power disconnects and let sit for a while, and reset button presses are no go. The motors come on, and the backlight for the console is on, so it is getting power.

Since it's a rep-1, makerbot's support doesn't exactly admit it exists. Is there some way I can get my little old printer back, even with the old firmware, or with new?

Thanks!

Charles

have the same problem myself anyone help must be a way yo for update over

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    sounds nasty. One reason I've never attempted to update the firmware on my creator are posts like this.

It'd be worth a search as there are quite a few firmware threads, one might have the answer.

does this help? (http://bilbycnc.freshdesk.com/suppor...upgrade-failed) a buddy of mine had a similar situation with the black bars instead of the menu items after trying to upgrade and this seemed to do the trick for him.