Close

Incredible 3D Printed Human-powered Drill

3D printed drills are an impressive project, making small-scale construction projects more accessible. The latest we've seen is from Performance 3-d, an engineering and design firm, and it's a fully functional hand pump drill. The hand-powered drill eliminates the need for batteries, and while it isn't the most powerful tool, it is fully functional. It can be 3D printed on an FFF-based desktop 3D printer in four pieces. While Performance 3-d is planning to release the CAD files, a Thingiverse user has already reverse engineered the design and offers his files for download. Find out more about the hand pump drill in the full article: http://3dprint.com/53353/3d-printed-hand-pump-drill/

Below is a photo of Performance 3-d's 3D printed drill:

This is Jay from Performance 3-d LLC. Just wanted to stop by and say hi. If you have any questions related to the drill, what we do, or anything 3d-printing related just let me know and I'll try to answer.

I printed 3 sets last night on my Zortrax M200 and they work great! I was able to cut through wood, sheet metal, and plastic with ease!