Close

Hiring 3D Modellers / CAD Designers on Elance?

Has anyone had any luck hiring 3D Modellers or CAD Designers using website like Elance? Are they reliable for the most part, or just a waste of time and money?

Elance and other freelance websites are good if you find the right person. Be sure to check their reviews. Ask them for examples of their work before hiring them and most importantly make sure they speak english. Otherwise there might be some major communication issues.

Hello MadMike.
    I can model pretty much anything you need. www.mason-dixon-design.com or www.mddmold.com Using Creo2.0.
    Thanks

Honestly I don't know. I was just asking about elance, because I'm thinking about trying a few things, but nothing specific yet.

I've personally used elance for multiple projects, but never CAD design. I wouldn't see why it couldn't work though if you find the right designer. You just have to be careful, as there are a lot of money grabbing pricks on there.
    Don

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    It can be difficult to get an idea how professional and capable someone is, as there is a huge variety of people on these sites. But yes there are a lot of quality people on there. I count myself as one of those as well, and actually started to mostly doing freelance work after having worked in a studio. I enjoy that I am more autonomous that way even though it's maybe a bit more difficult to, say, pay the bills. I am a professional product designer and excel in creating complex surface models and sculpts, so I hold myself recommended if you'd want to hire someone for a job related to that.

-Ralph