Close

ZeeproShare - Remotely Create a 3D Print

It's a mighty cool idea. ZeeproShare, an online solution which allows users to 3D print remotely from any device, lets users connect to a Zim 3D printer and launch a print. And wait, there's more; you can monitor the progress of your print via the Zeepro Zim's embedded HD camera. Via ZeeproShare, users can connect onto another user's Zim via a simple grant of permission. Now, Zeepro is offering the opportunity for a limited number of users to try out a Zim at Zeepro's San Francisco HQ through the #My3DPrintWithZeepro Week initiative. Selected participants who don't have their own 3D printers can have a Zim at Zeepro HQ print up a job for them, and watch via the 3D printer's HD camera -- then receive their 3D printed object in the mail. You can read the whole story here: http://3dprint.com/49934/my3dprintwithzeepro-week/

Below is a look at the ZeeproShare app interface:

Administrator
    Follow SarahA On Twitter
    This idea really was clever! As one of the few 3DPrint.com staff without my own 3D printer, I loved participating in this; I felt much more involved watching my dragon be 3D printed in real time than I have ordering from Shapeways.

The Zim platform was really easy to navigate to select the model, and everything was very intuitive with the entire process. Nice setup for those who might pop in to share someone else's 3D printer without needing to know too much about it -- and definitely convenient for those who do own these machines to check in on their own prints remotely! I'm pretty impressed by the process, even if at the end I'll just have a cute little dragon that doesn't really do much of anything. Sometimes trinkets are worth it for the 'cool' factor