Close

Presenting FlexiSMART, the new flexible filament of FFFworld

Hey everybody!

My name is Joel from www.FFFworld.com and today I bring you a very special announcement. After many months of work today we present our new filament: FlexiSMART. We are announcing it in the principle 3D prinitng websites and we want to share it with you.

FlexiSMART is a flexible filament made from a thermoplastic elastomer that recovers its original shape when it has been deformed.

We have created FlexiSMART to be easy to use by minimizing the problems that the other flexible filaments often have. That is why FlexiSMART can be used in any FFF 3d printer. FlexiSMART has been tested on hot-ends like j-head and all-metal (with and without Teflon) with excellent results.

The 3mm version can be used in a standard Jonnaskuelling Wades-extruder. The 1.75mm version is more likely to create knots and therefore we recommend to use a special extruder or to modify the one you usually use.

We have documented this information in the website www.fffworld.com/flexismart including digital designs and instructions to modify your extruder if it is necessary.

FlexiSMART can be printed without warm bed. Nor is it necessary to use hairspray or other products to improve adherence because the grip is excellent.

Pieces printed with FlexiSMART have a great finish and they are very resistant, what makes it a filament suitable for general use. Test FlexiSMART to print your favorite designs and check it by yourself!

FlexiSMART is available in 7 colors: black, white, orange, blue, yellow, green and red.

Soon we will add new colors and offer the option to customize the color for large orders.

So whether you are already a user of flexible filament as if you've never tried we invite you to try FlexiSMART and see for yourself the virtues of this filament!

We leave the link to the announcement in Amazon so that you can buy it from there and have it at home in just a couple of days.

[Amazon.co.uk] [Amazon.de] [Amazon.fr] [Amazon.it]

We also leave the link to our page where you will find more information. http://www.fffworld.com/flexismart/

Also, you can leave your questions and comments in this post that we will follow closely.

FlexiSMART is "smart" because it is elastic and because it recovers its original shape

FlexiSMART is "smart" because it is designed to be easy to use.

And FlexiSMART is "smart" because it only costs € 29.95 * per kg. Taxes included. The shipping fee is not included.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Oh great - another flexible filament I'm going to have to test lol
    Got three lined up already.

Hi.

Let me show this thing using dessigned and printed by one of our customers in Spain using FlexiSMART.

It is a sucker for the manipulation of glass plates in industrial enviroments and it is supposed to hold up to 20kg. The author
    has recorded a video too!

The name of the autor is Oscar Herrero, a member of CloneWars (spanish RepRap community)

Regards!

Hi vexmatech!

In our experience there is no better flexible filament but flexible filament more suitable for one specific use than other.

Ninjaflex is a great filament as well as FilaFLEX (the first and most flexible filament around the market) but they have specific issues when printing on certain extruders.

We have designed FlexiSMART to be a general purpose flexible filament, not as flexible as others but easier to print and much more affordable since the price of our FlexiSMART is the about the third part of the Ninjaflex (1 kg FlexiSMART 30€ vs 0.5 kg Ninjaflex 50€)

So i can assure you that in a price/quality comparison our FlexiSMART beats NinjaFLEX and others.

Have you even try FlexiSMART? I suggest you to give it a try! If you want to contact us we could send you a free sample.

Regards!

Also ninjaflex is NOT pla.

The best flexible pla is polyflex :-)

One thing fffworld you claim:
    We have created FlexiSMART to be easy to use by minimizing the problems that the other flexible filaments often have. That is why FlexiSMART can be used in any FFF 3d printer. FlexiSMART has been tested on hot-ends like j-head and all-metal (with and without Teflon) with excellent results.
    Which sounds brilliant, but you then say:
    The 1.75mm version is more likely to create knots and therefore we recommend to use a special extruder or to modify the one you usually use.
    Which is the opposite of the first statement.

So basically it just like all the other tpu filaments out there and a bugger to use in 1.75 diameter.

Technologist
    Follow mikethebomber On Twitter Add mikethebomber on Facebook Add mikethebomber on Google+
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    A
    So basically it just like all the other tpu filaments out there and a bugger to use in 1.75 diameter.
    Well Put, sir. Well put.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    that's true, FlexiSMART since being a flexible filament have the same issues that other flexible filaments available, well described in this article by Gyrobot.

What i meant to say was that because FlexiSMART is more rigid, therefore less flexible, the problems are lesser.

When we started to sell FlexiSMART (in january 2015), the flexible filaments of our competitors had a lower shore hardness than ours. Nowadays Ninjaflex (SemiFlex) and Recreus have developed flexible filaments with a higher shore hardness which are less problematic to print as our FlexiSMART filament was from the beginning.

In a previous post i said that i could send you samples of FlexiSMART. Sadly i've realized that this is a north american forum (am i wrong?), And since we are a spanish company we can't afford the shipment. Anyway we don't sell FlexiSMART in USA so i think to send samples is useless for both.

I'm sorry if someone could feel delusion about that...
    Last edited by FFFworld; 04-07-2016 at 04:06 AM.

I'm in england :-)
    The forum might be based in the states - but a lot of the members are from different countries.
    England is Currently still a part of europe (till june). So postage should be pretty cheap.

Ill happily test your filament, tested pretty much every other flexible filament around.
    One thing I have found with the tpu based filaments is that it depends a lot on what colour the filament is.

Green tpu will usually work great - no matter what brand.
    red tends to be a lot harder to print with and black is a complete nightmare.

The colourants seem to effect the printing temperature a lot more than they do with something like pla.

But yep, send me a sample and I'll run it through the flashforge - got a number of designs I use flexible filament for so can easily do comparisons.
    But yep a slightly stiffer filament should be better.