Close

Engineer-in-Training

Made a simple cable guide.

I was having issues with the extruder/x-carriage cable assembly getting in the way of the x-carriage home switch sometimes while homing and also just generally being in the way while printing. I made this guide to hold the cable assembly out away from the printer a little bit to keep it out of the way. It worked out pretty well so I thought I would share it. I just mounted it with some cable ties but you could put a few screws in it if you wanted instead.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:700841

Thanks,
    Chadd
    Attached Images Attached Images

Technician
    Nice. I'm fighting with cable routing right now.

Engineer-in-Training
    Yep it is a pain to get everything routed so it doesn't hang up on something. I was always worried that the cable was going to catch on something and rip wires out or bend something in the process. With the cable guide it puts the cable out far enough that it clears everything now.

The black cable loom can be purchased at walmart in the automotive electrical section.

Quote Originally Posted by hernejj View Post
    Nice. I'm fighting with cable routing right now.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    Yep it is a pain to get everything routed so it doesn't hang up on something. I was always worried that the cable was going to catch on something and rip wires out or bend something in the process. With the cable guide it puts the cable out far enough that it clears everything now.

The black cable loom can be purchased at walmart in the automotive electrical section.
    NICE! I'll be printing one of these then!! Gotta get the hardware operational and calibrated first though. I'll hold the damn wires if I have to. Thanks for your work, and for sharing it.