Close

Possible Causes for This?

Hello everyone. I am new to the arena and the forum. I have been reading everything I can to get better. I am trying to figure out what would cause the terrible quality print that you see in the photos below.

I am running:
    Flash Forge Creator Pro
    7.7 Sailfish Firmware
    Replicator G Sailfish
    Blue PLA 1.75mm included with printer
    Bed temp 35C with blue painter tape
    Nozzle Temp 230C
    80mm/s feed
    100mm/s travel
    Open enclosure
    Printer is in an empty room with a ceiling fan on

The weird thing is that when I run the gcode I set my nozzle temps to 200 but when it starts printing it goes to 230. I have to use the printer to lower the temps if I need to. I am not sure if the feed and travel rate changes because I'm printing off the SD card. I have too many issues trying to print from my laptop. ANY advice for anything 3d printing related I will take on board and become better. Thank you.

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    Post a pic of the intended design. It looks like you have a lot of support material that needs removed.

The intended design can be found here: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:630314.

You are correct, there is a large amount of support material that needs to be removed. However that is not the issue. I realized that I can solve the support structure issues by changing the orientation of the item to lay flat, this is preclude the use of supports. However the areas I am concerned about are the areas with no support but appear somewhat stringy and rough.

230°C is certainly high for PLA. Setting the temperature in the control panel and the Gcode temp are 2 different things.

You did modifiy the temperature value in the gcode creation setup, right ?

Im using replicatorg. When I run gcode a window pops up with a couple values to edit. I input feed rate and travel rate as well as nozzle temp. I always run my PLA at 200C. Then I convert the gcode to xg3. I slap the file on an SD card and print from there. HOWEVER! no matter if I print from SD or from reolicatorg via computer my input nozzle temps get over ridden and goes back up to 230C.

hi,
    i have had very good prints with a new program called matter control.http://www.mattercontrol.com/ i have had miner problems with it as it is new .but maybe you will not.second try printing off this test to zone in your temps.http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:507010

Thanks for the info. I'm a little confused about the temperature test. Are the number randomized so its easier to see potential differences between gradients? Also based on your experiences with matter control, does it have options for random start points?

My main issues with print quality are coming from my inability to reduce zippering by creating random startpoints. Do you or anyone else know how to create random start points in replicatorg?

the temp test will print the temp for that gradients.