Close

Student
    Follow guigro On Twitter

Unhappy [ EX2 / M180 ] Extruder problem and general help

Hello all !!

I'm brand new on this forum as I couldn't find any french one popular enough to hope finding help on it.

I own a Freesculpt EX2 printer which is the same as the Malyan M180.

I try to make it work properly but i have one issue with my extruders, I tried to explain it but a video speaks better than anything !
    In a nutshell, and for SEO reasons, it seems my filament is not getting well through the extruder, it makes dotted lines and when I try to print an object it makes some imperfection on it.

More generally, I have issues with quality and speed and can't find a good parameter. In my opinion, if this first problem can be solved, I'll be almost good to print nice things !!!!

Thanks !

Your extruder is definitely skipping steps. You might be printing at too low a temperature, or too quickly. Temperature and speed are the two parameters I'd play with initially.

Student
    Follow guigro On Twitter
    Well thanks for your answer!

Here are the settings I'm using :

ABS : 230 C⋅
    Bed : 110 C⋅
    Feed rate : 30mm/s (or 20)
    Speedrate : 60mm/s (or 40)
    Line height : between 20 and 30
    Extruder : 0.50mm (even if the manufacturer says it's 0.35 everybody agrees over the Web that for this model it's 0.50).

And for PLA the same but 185c⋅ and bed at 60c⋅
    And I have the same results with ABS and PLA which made me think it's the printer (it's also the same with the second extruder).

I thought of something : can it be the filament roll stand? I tried to tight it more and to tight it less but no change. I'm really lost with that.

Try a print with the nozzle size set at 0.35 mm. If it is, but you're set up for 0.5, you're going to have problems.

Student
    Follow guigro On Twitter
    Hello !
    I tried with 0.35 (one made with ReplicatorG, another one with KissSlicer), and it printed barely nothing !

There is one guy in France that seems to be an expert of that printer, he told me maybe I should change my extruder (that one is Chinese crap :/).

I'll let you know !