Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i need of help

i need of help

i have a big problem with my printer i cant get it to print. the printer works and moves all the axis but the extruder motor just doesn't want move . i have connected the motor to other axis and it works. ive also switched over the driers with other axis and they work just the extruder does not to work i highly suspect that i have a problem with the Firmware i tried using Marlin but haven't managed to get it working at all. i have used reprap and that makes everything work apart from the actual extruder. Please help !! attached you can find the current firmware i am using.
    it is a pursa i3 stile printer using a ramps 1.4 board with a reprap lcd . it doent really matter what firmware there is as long as it works. if any one could help me i would much appreciate it
    Attached Files Attached Files

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    The very last thing I want to do is download a random zip file from the internet.

Isolate the extruder motor and see if you can get it to run on it's own. Rule out the possibility of it being a faulty motor. If you have another stepper motor, plug that into the extruder motors cable and see if it will run.

Either enable cold extrusion or heat up the extruder before you extrude anything. Ramps won't extrude cold to prevent damage to your extruder / hotend.

Quote Originally Posted by 3dkarma View Post
    Either enable cold extrusion or heat up the extruder before you extrude anything. Ramps won't extrude cold to prevent damage to your extruder / hotend.
    I have tried that and failed. I have tried to print an object with the correct temperature but still no extrusion. I have just noticed that in the configuration on the LCD, it says that the extruder steps/mm is 0.00 but I cannot find how to change it. Any idea how please?

Quote Originally Posted by Marm View Post
    The very last thing I want to do is download a random zip file from the internet.

Isolate the extruder motor and see if you can get it to run on it's own. Rule out the possibility of it being a faulty motor. If you have another stepper motor, plug that into the extruder motors cable and see if it will run.
    You are right to do so. I have isolated the motor and also the driver and they work fine. They just do not work when in the extruder place.

M92 to set your extruder steps per mm http://reprap.org/wiki/G-code#M92:_S...steps_per_unit. Calibrate as per the reprap wiki guide [url]http://reprap.org/wiki/Calibration#Extrusion[url].

Your initial setting should be based on the type of extruder you have. I have a Wades, set to 711.11 steps per mm for the extruder. A direct drive extruder will have a smaller number.

Quote Originally Posted by 3dkarma View Post
    M92 to set your extruder steps per mm http://reprap.org/wiki/G-code#M92:_S...steps_per_unit. Calibrate as per the reprap wiki guide [url]http://reprap.org/wiki/Calibration#Extrusion[url].

Your initial setting should be based on the type of extruder you have. I have a Wades, set to 711.11 steps per mm for the extruder. A direct drive extruder will have a smaller number.
    the problem is uploading the g code. as you can see from the screen shot it doesn't want to send it. i have also made a test g code with the M92 X350 command to test but it has not doen anything eighter. im getting really frustrated about it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (19.1 KB, 8 views)

You've lost me here. Your screen shot is too low a resolution to make anything out, and problems uploading the g code doesn't make sense without more information. Alse, M92 X350 sets steps per mm for the X axis, not the extruder. You should be able to directly send g code commands to your printer by connecting to your printer, then clicking on the "Manual Control" tab in repetier host. At the top of the panel you can enter a g code command to send to the printer.

First, set your printers extruder temperature and wait for it to get to the correct temperature.
    Second, send the following g code command to the printer, to set e-steps per mm for the extruder:
    M92 E500
    Third, send the following g code command to the printer, to extrude 10mm of filament:
    G1 E10 F100

If that works, you need to go through the E-steps per mm calibration routine in the reprap wiki.

Thing is it says connected but than whatever i do it just stays "command waiting"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 6.jpg (14.3 KB, 21 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (20.0 KB, 21 views)

Have you installed the driver for your board? What board do you have? How did you get the printer to move before - through Repetier host or the LCD interface?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast