Close

3D Printing Helps Reinvent The Umbrella

The KAZbrella is a revolutionary new umbrella that opens in reverse. Engineer Jenan Kazim created the new design was created to address the problems associated with the traditional umbrella design. Rather than accepting that umbrellas had to leave you exposed when deploying them or give you a soggy, dripping mass to carry into your car, home, or public space, Kazim envisioned a solution that in retrospect seems obvious. His new design was made possible through the precision and affordability provided by 3D printing technology. Find out more about the KAzbrella's revolutionary design in the full article: http://3dprint.com/44925/kazbrella-3...ted-prototype/

Below is a photo of a partially opened KAZbrella:

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    very clever.

Doesn't change the fact that I hate umbrellas and would ban them wholesale from the entire world if I could.

But clever idea :-)

And 3dprintuk use laser sintered nylon. In case anyone was wondering about how good those parts looked. Yeah, not on your desktop lol

Add bford903 on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    I hate umbrellas and would ban them wholesale from the entire world if I could.
    More of a poncho person?

Senior Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by bford903 View Post
    More of a poncho person?
    More of an English person where rain is part of life, better get used to it or emigrate.

Administrator
    Follow SarahA On Twitter
    I'm not a fan of umbrellas, and I'm fairly sure I don't own one... but I watched this video several times because this redesign is so brilliant, then sent it off to my (umbrella loving) fiance. I can't wait to hear more about the KAZbrella becoming available for sale! Brilliant.

I heard that the KAZbrella is launching on Kickstarter this month (April) possibly next week. Can't wait!