Close

Technician
    Add Wes@MachWax on Facebook

E3DV6 on Replicator/Duplicator/Creator

Found this http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:533853 and wondered if anyone has already converted their MK7+ hot ends from the Replicator clones. Been searching, and as of now am not able to find anything, so figured I would ask.

Engineer-in-Training
    Have not but it looks interesting. I grabbed the files just to see how the assembly works. The pictures given there aren't terribly helpful.

Engineer-in-Training
    I see the .stl files but did you actually get it installed? How did it work?

Technician
    I was just drawing over the weekend. I will print one today. I think I may go with a single extruder mount though. Still on the fence.

Technician
    I am also learning more, and more why people do not like sketchup for exporting. It is changing my dimensions slightly, and leaving strange gaps that don't show until the print preview. I am going to give Fusion 360 a try. I will have to revisit this when I get more spare time. I have deleted the file links for now.
    Last edited by Wes@MachWax; 03-02-2015 at 11:50 AM.

Engineer-in-Training
    If you have a dimensioned drawing or sketch of any kind send it to me and I'll make you some .stl's in solidworks.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by soofle616 View Post
    If you have a dimensioned drawing or sketch of any kind send it to me and I'll make you some .stl's in solidworks.
    Are you saying that if I sent exported to .dae from sketchup, that solidworks may actually still export a more valid .stl?

Technician
    A preview of the latest revision. I will update with how it goes when I am able to print, and mount. The print preview for the .stl export is at least viable fwiw.