Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Engineer
    Better off getting a Solid State relay and then you can control the temp via PID
    http://makerparts.ca/products/ssr25a...nt=13319734212

Technologist
    Add usarmyaircav on Google+ Add usarmyaircav on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by adamfilip View Post
    Better off getting a Solid State relay and then you can control the temp via PID
    http://makerparts.ca/products/ssr25a...nt=13319734212
    What does would this get me over a regular automotive relay, and where do I find how to control the temp via PID? Probably order it off of Amazon to avoid the over the border possible delay's and costs

Engineer
    Sure order wherever you can get it. DC/AC

using this vs a automotive one.. you dont get the constant clicking of a relay.
    you can enable PID for the Heat bed Therm.
    SSR has a LED so you can see when its on and off. switches faster, and its silent.

with PID it switches it on and off faster to regulate the tempterture more evenly.. less highs and lows.

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by adamfilip View Post
    Sure order wherever you can get it. DC/AC...
    This might mislead people. The SSR has to be one designed to switch DC loads. An SSR for AC loads uses a different switching technology that simply won't work on DC. There's been a few people that bought an AC SSR and learned that the hard way.

Usarmyaircav, search the Makerfarm forum on "solid state relay". There's a thread that Chadd put together that likely includes the detail you're looking for. It's at least recent enough (i.e., newer than mid-April 2015) to not suffer from the 3DPrintBoard lost images & attachments problem like this thread does.
    Last edited by printbus; 03-31-2016 at 08:46 PM.

Technologist
    I watched the Thomas Salander video on SSR's and he mentioned to make sure you get the SSR that works with your power supply so good catch on that. will do a search for that, thanks Kevin.

Technologist
    I ordered the SSR from the chadd thread, along with heatsink. Looking forward to getting that in soon I hope!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345