Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Engineer
    I have upgraded to a 40Amp Automotive Relay
    works great.. hope it stays that way
    Attached Images Attached Images

Me too after having exactly the same problem as Adam. Only gets lukewarm even when working hard. No problem with the wires to the heat bed either.

i will have to look into that... if nothing more than to get rid of the screw clamps and go to crimps

I created this to support the bundle of cables coming from the PCB. It attaches to the wooden part below the heater PCB.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:702335

I figure it might help keep those wires from breaking loose on the PCB side.

Could someone post a wiring diagram for using one of those automotive relays?

See attached.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaChank View Post
    Could someone post a wiring diagram for using one of those automotive relays?
    Attached Images Attached Images

... Got a 30A auto relay... All I could find... It melted wires today... Gonna get a 40A to hopefully fix it

Being an rc guy we usually use the 5 second rule.. my bed wires are at about 1 second.. gonna replace with 14wag silicone wire this week

Quote Originally Posted by paintz2007 View Post
    Being an rc guy we usually use the 5 second rule.. my bed wires are at about 1 second.. gonna replace with 14wag silicone wire this week

more detail please?

Engineer-in-Training
    The relays aren't what is causing these wires to melt.

A poor connection is what is causing it.

When you have a poor connection it creates resistance, resistance creates heat, heat causes the connection to become worse creating more resistance and more heat until you have a failure.

Quote Originally Posted by sniffle View Post
    ... Got a 30A auto relay... All I could find... It melted wires today... Gonna get a 40A to hopefully fix it

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast