Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Engineer-in-Training
    Looks like a loose connection caused arcing and melted the insulation on the wire.

Add gmay3 on Thingiverse
    If this happened with all stock/makerfarm parts I would let Colin know about it. If he's supplying a kit that causes this he should know about it and supply some higher temp insulated wire.

Quote Originally Posted by gmay3 View Post
    If this happened with all stock/makerfarm parts I would let Colin know about it. If he's supplying a kit that causes this he should know about it and supply some higher temp insulated wire.

actually i think if he's going to put wire onto the heated bed it needs to be higher quality wire, that wire while stranded has very thick strands and almost bends like cable instead of quality wire that has very fine strands

Add gmay3 on Thingiverse
    ^ agree with ya

Engineer
    I emailed Colin about it before i posted on the forum. I am out of warrenty (30 days)
    he suggested I try an automotive relay. if i didnt want to order a new relay

A

Add gmay3 on Thingiverse
    I guess I would be interested in whether this is a relay issue, contact/connector issue, or a wire issue.

I have been noticing the lack of flexibility of the cables from the bed heater to the relay, I have been considering replacing them with the same silicon cables that I use to feed power to the relay and RAMPS board sooner rather than later because of this.

Engineer-in-Training
    Just wondering how many hours Adam had printed with before this occurred. I usually check and re-tighten my connections every 3-4 prints, which is about every 10 or so hours, and haven't noticed any issues, mind you, I print primarily PLA, with the bed set at 70c...

Engineer
    My printer has probably run for 100 hrs before this issue came up

Engineer-in-Training
    Ahhh, thanks for that Adam. I'm around the same amount also, I'll keep an eye on it and see if it's an issue.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast