Close

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AbuMaia View Post
    Plastic extruded too close and "smooshed" into the PEI sheet doesn't bother it?
    Not here, it looks like poop, but doesn't harm the PEI.

Technician
    I haven't had any issues when first layer goes to low. The only thing is that you may have a hard time removing it if you have your temp on the high side (95 - 100c). I suggest not using anything sharp.

Engineer
    I was running ABS at 250 on a 110 bed when it printed too low. There's no removing the plastic from the buildtak sheet without cutting holes in it.

finally ordered mine, gonna need it possibly in the future

I've got one on the way, too. Looking forward to it. I'm printing whole plates of parts for sale, and I'm always losing one or two around the edges. Seems like once I get enough layers of hair spray that things really start to stick well, it's about time to clean up and start over.

Technologist
    Add usarmyaircav on Google+ Add usarmyaircav on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by clough42 View Post
    I've got one on the way, too. Looking forward to it. I'm printing whole plates of parts for sale, and I'm always losing one or two around the edges. Seems like once I get enough layers of hair spray that things really start to stick well, it's about time to clean up and start over.
    You might want to get some high grit sandpaper, as you could still have some issues. Every few print jobs I sand my sheet lightly with 1500 grit sandpaper in a cross hatch pattern, per what I read somewhere else. I am still looking for the best combo of temps. I probably am not really calibrated the best I could be either. I also just realized that I have had mine like 6 months, even though I haven't been really printing that total time, but it probably would be good to tighten everything up.

Quote Originally Posted by usarmyaircav View Post
    You might want to get some high grit sandpaper, as you could still have some issues. Every few print jobs I sand my sheet lightly with 1500 grit sandpaper in a cross hatch pattern, per what I read somewhere else. I am still looking for the best combo of temps. I probably am not really calibrated the best I could be either. I also just realized that I have had mine like 6 months, even though I haven't been really printing that total time, but it probably would be good to tighten everything up.
    Thanks for the tips. We'll see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by clough42 View Post
    Im about to start doing the same c42

Engineer
    Just placed an order for a 0.06 inch thick 12x12 PEI sheet from Amazon. We'll see how it goes. Nervous as it's over 2x the cost of Buildtak, which lasted me one print.

Quote Originally Posted by AbuMaia View Post
    Just placed an order for a 0.06 inch thick 12x12 PEI sheet from Amazon. We'll see how it goes. Nervous as it's over 2x the cost of Buildtak, which lasted me one print.
    I'm a complete noob at this, printing all of about 3 weeks now. I use the same PEI as you ordered and have perfect results with ABS and PLA. I have dragged the head all over the PEI and while it leaves permanent marks, they do not affect the print at all. They are just surface marks. You will be happy!

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast