Close

Technician

Sudden Stoping Half Way Through Print

For some reason this new problem has now started. Ive tried various prints and tried removing and reinstalling repetier host. The printer is a Prusa I3, Windows 7 comp, repetier host, Pla. I can start a print fine everything is great then it just stops, its not stopping at an exact point every time. sometimes line 9 sometimes line 109, When it stops I try to move the extruder with repetier away from the print and its lost connection with the printer and the heaters are staying on until I recconect (unplug or close repetier and reconnect). ANy ideas?

I've had the same problem with repetier host and windows 7. I think it's coming from problems in the USB connection or power fluctuation.
    I was running a print yesterday, turned on a Dremel tool that was plugged into the same surge protector as the printer, and the printer just stopped dead in it's tracks.
    If you can run the gcode from a SD card on the printer try that.

Also try isolating the printer power source using a Computer UPS backup or so sort of power conditioner.

Technician
    You are absolutely correct I narrowed it down to the power source. I can turn my soldering iron on and off and it shuts it down, turn the vacumn on thats plugged into the other side of the room and it shuts it down

Quote Originally Posted by chris850 View Post
    You are absolutely correct I narrowed it down to the power source. I can turn my soldering iron on and off and it shuts it down, turn the vacumn on thats plugged into the other side of the room and it shuts it down
    Glad you at least know what the problem is now.
    I've taken to just running all my prints from an micro SD card now.