Close

Free easy to use 3d software - ANIM8OR

Hello All ,
    The latest version of Anim8or supports STL export for 3d printing, anim8or STL models have been tested with artforce studio with good results.

ANIM8OR is the easiest 3d package to learn and it is 100% free you can model with it and create fantastic animations, please review my Youtube film.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ian roz; 02-05-2015 at 08:30 AM.

Technologist
    Add truly_bent on Shapeways
    Thanks for the intro to Anim8or. I didn't know it existed until now. For others, here's a direct link to the site.

I'm currently writing a script in python to link an external program to the Blender game engine (via UDP socket messaging). The intent is to use this link and Blender as a teaching aid for tutoring. The difficulty with Blender, however, is its rather steep learning curve for first time users. I was initially excited to find that Anim8or, which looks to have a much simpler user interface (almost anything does), has a scripting language also. Unfortunately for my purposes, the scripting language is not only proprietary to Anim8or, but also appears to be too limited in scope for this particular application.

Otherwise, this looks like it has good possibilities for mesh creation and editing. I noticed that the latest update was about a year ago. Do you know if the author is continuing to upgrade this program?
    Last edited by truly_bent; 02-04-2015 at 10:53 AM.

YES, there are updates every 4-6 weeks, but please start with the download stable version.
    Anim8or is in full development, it is 100% free and easy to learn, it will take you about 2-3 weeks to master the program spending about an hour a day. It is great modelling and animation, you can even render 2d traditional animation with it. Please watch the following youtube video

Why not even build your own construction sets using anim8or.
    Please review this youtube video

The latest version Anim8or, v0.98 dated January 23, 2014

Seriously, if you're willing to spend 2-3 weeks working to learn a program like this, go with Blender...

Staff Engineer
    Here's a pretty nice little sculpting program that works right off the website, no need to download and install anything (and it's free): http://stephaneginier.com/sculptgl/

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com

Technologist
    Add truly_bent on Shapeways
    FWIW, you can download the SculptGL source and run it on your computer. You'll need to install Node.js first though. We went through installing Node.js in this forum when discussing OpenJsCad.

But i'm getting WAY off topic here.

Hello Beerdart Anim8or is in development, but the recomended stable version for beginners is version 0.98
    also check here for new developments-
    http://www.anim8or.com/smf/index.php...99e1a0cc079625

Yes I use blender but it takes longer than 3 weeks to master the entire program, if you work very hard with blender say 3-4 hours a day, you will start to see good results in 10 -12 months.

Anim8or is good starting point for 3d modelling and animation.

10 to 12 months? Really??? You don't have to master the entire program with Blender, only the part that you need for 3D printing. It took me three or four videos (which I posted elsewhere here) to learn the basics, and I was off and making items to print. From there, you can learn what ever else you want, but... it's a bonafide professional program that has a ton of help videos, should you need them.