Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Question Monitoring 3D Prints

I have been using a tablet to stream video from my printer to my computer so I can monitor my prints when I'm away. The app I use streams the video feed from my tablet camera across the IP address. My tablet only gives me a forward perspective though and I would like something better. I'm looking for a much smaller camera that I can put inside my printer in the upper front corner that will work independently of a computer. Any suggestions?

P.S. Some helpful information: I'm a college student and don't own my IP adress. I don't need stream privacy and I have been able to stream it across the IP address. I can print my own mount for the camera.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Engineer-in-Training
    Look into OctoPrint using a raspberry pi and camera, probably the best solution available!

Quote Originally Posted by MiniMadRyan View Post
    Look into OctoPrint using a raspberry pi and camera, probably the best solution available!
    I've heard of some people using it. Does it stream across the IP address or can it be accessed from a different network (i.e. 4G or different wireless network)? I understand the main functionality of the software is to control your printer but I'm using the Da Vinci 2.0 Duo and I don't think it can be controlled by anything but its native slicer software, am I wrong? If it can't control my printer, does that negate the streaming functionality? Thanks for the help

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    VLC should be able to handle webcam streaming....

Technologist
    Add truly_bent on Shapeways
    VLC. Had to do a search for that one. In a world filled with acronyms, this site has more than most. Take your dictionary with you

im more interested in that printed cradle model

Quote Originally Posted by Marm View Post
    VLC should be able to handle webcam streaming....
    How would VLC work?

If all you want to do is to be able to have a cam in place and be able to view the cam from anywhere else, there are a ton of small IP cams available. Most IP cams come with a dns forwarding service as part of the package deal to handle IPs changing. Then use your PC's browser to view the live video, or use a program like Tinycam Monitor to view it from your tablet or smart phone.

This said, I'm not sure you'll be happy with any of the camera offerings that are available to fit totally INSIDE your enclosure. You'd be far better off cutting a smallish hole into it large enough for the lens of the camera to stick through and view everything...

Quote Originally Posted by ssayer View Post
    If all you want to do is to be able to have a cam in place and be able to view the cam from anywhere else, there are a ton of small IP cams available. Most IP cams come with a dns forwarding service as part of the package deal to handle IPs changing. Then use your PC's browser to view the live video, or use a program like Tinycam Monitor to view it from your tablet or smart phone.

This said, I'm not sure you'll be happy with any of the camera offerings that are available to fit totally INSIDE your enclosure. You'd be far better off cutting a smallish hole into it large enough for the lens of the camera to stick through and view everything...
    My printer is 18.4x20x22 and my build area is only 5.9x7.8x7.8 I have about 6 inches of space on each side and can go about 9 inches high without interfering with the extruder. I appreciate your concern but I think I have enough space. What IP camera would you suggest and would they even work on a server I have no control over?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Is 640x480 good enough, or would you need 720p?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast