Close

Sharebot J-3D Goldsmith 3D Printer

Today at Vicenzaoro, an international goldsmith's industry event, Sharebot will unveil their latest 3D printer, targeted to their current crowd at this show. Their new printer is the Sharebot Jewelry 3D printer, called the Sharebot J-3D for short. Sharebot worked with Mario Di Maio SpA to develop the Sharebot J-3D to best appeal to goldsmiths, silversmiths, and jewelers. Mario Di Maio has nearly a century of experience in tools and machinery for these specialized industries, and helped ensure the best machine development. The Sharebot J-3D is an SLA printer that includes a special drip tray that uses UV light to cure resin. More specs should be available soon, once the machine is officially announced. Check out more about it in the full article: http://3dprint.com/39443/sharebot-j-3d/

Below is a photo of the Sharebot J-3D:

Add bford903 on Facebook
    I hope it's not too expensive. Most jewelry-related printers that print and cast the way you want start at about 20K and go up in price from there. Machines like Envisiontec and Solidscape print and cast very well but it'll cost you. I will definitely be watching this machine.

Student
    Follow B9CShon On Twitter

Smile Affordable Jewelry Printer

Admittedly, I'm biased but, have you checked out the B9Creator? We offer a jewelry-friendly machine with 30 micron XY resolution, castable resin that sells for only $107/kg, and have 2-year track record with hundreds of jewelers around the world (including in Dallas) printing with and casting from our machine. We can get you out the door, including shipping, for under $5k on an assembled machine with accessories or for under $4k on a kit to self-assemble. Check out some of our users and their results here: http://b9creator.com/forum/viewtopic...&t=2010#p20986

Add bford903 on Facebook
    I did check out the B9 and was very impressed with it. However I was unable to procure a printed piece to do some casting tests. Went on the B9 forums and requested a sample print from some of the community members. Got a lot of responses, some promises, and a few pictures but sadly after two months of trying to acquire a sample print, my efforts were fruitless. At the time, the B9 seemed to require some tinkering to get good prints, and some mixing of resin ratios (red:cherry) for a good burnout. Most likely I would require some help from the community to get the machine running correctly, and the community turned out to be not so helpful. I could not determine the viability of the material for casting personally so I turned my attention elsewhere.

The pictures of the prints and castings on the link you posted are simply amazing. Great resolution and the castings look excellent. I'll definitely keep this in mind for the next printer I buy.